SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT HERE
Advisment meetings are centrally organized through the office receptionists. Please call the office at 801-422-3065 to have an appointment organized with an advisor.
Advising Queues are created to provide balance between each advisor's load so they can deliver personalized care and attention. Your advisor is usually based on the first letter of your last name.
B, C, J, N – Estela Marquez
D – Ann Marie Lambert
E-H, P, Q – Lynette Simmons
M, O, U – John Kwarm
K, R, S, T – LaVay Talk
A, I, L, V-Z – Linda Flores
Native American Indian - Sharon Tapahe
What To Do When You Meet With An Advisor
Preparing for an appointment:
- Bring a list of questions or concerns
- Be ON TIME!
During the appointment:
- Share your goals and educational priorities
- Provide your advisor with accurate information about your interests and abilities
- Ask questions if you don't understand something or need clarification
After the appointment:
- Follow up on recommendations
- Organize and retain all records and documents
Sample Questions to Ask an Academic Advisor:
- Can you help me explore possible majors or minors that will complement my interests?
- What are some good study and time-management skills to develop?
- What do you think about this tentative course schedule?
- Can you help me decide how many credits I should take?
- Can you direct me to resources and opportunities that can fit with my long-term goals?
How Often To See An Advisor
You should see a multicultural advisor at least once per semester, and whenever you have a question about your academic goals or experiencing challenges at BYU. There may be times when you are feeling confused or overwhelmed or generally unclear about what you are supposed to be doing. We are happy to help!